Technique for studying of operant reflexes in animals under visual pursuit of target objects was developed. Device
suggested allows to study both motor postural processing and the sensory target completion in animals, excluding any
possibility of chaotic motor activity and attempts to avoid performing of sensory-motor task. The device gives a good
opportunity for animals to perform the sensory-motor goal directed task with di erent speed and time in autonomous
regime without participation of experimenter.
operant behavior, motor postural reflexes, visual pursuit, sensory-motor task, eye-head coordination, sensory completion
- Albertin S.V. Device for testing of purpose purcuiting in animal experiments // Bull. izobreteniy. 2009. No 2. P. 1021 [in Russian]
- Albertin S.V. Non invasive methods in physiological experiments: development and usage. SPb. “Dorn”, 2012. 196 p. [in Russian]
- Kuznetsova T.G., Syrenski V.I., Gusakova N.S. Chimpanzee: ontogenetic and intellectual development under laboratory breeding. SPb.: “Polytechnique”, 2006. 448 p. [in Russian]
- Belda X., Fuentes S., Nadal R., Armario A. A single exposure to immobilization causes long-lasting pituitary-adrenal and behavioral sensitization to mild stressors // Horm. Behav. 2008. T. 54. P. 654–661.
- Bryant J.L., Roy S., Heck D.H. A technique for stereotaxic recordings of neuronal activity in awake, head-restrained mice // J. Neurosci. Methods. 2009. V. 178. No 1. P. 75–79.
- Hikosaka O., Nakikawa Y., Kawagoe R. Role of basal ganglia in the control of purposive saccadic eye movements // Physiol. Rev. 2000. V. 80. No 3. P. 953–978.
- Tollin D.J., Populin L.C., Moore J.M. Sound-localization performance in the cat: the effect of restraining the head // J. Neurophysiol. 2005. V. 93. P. 1223–1234.
- Vyas A., Mitra R., Shankaranarayana R.B.S., Chattarji S. Chronic stress induces contrasting patterns of dendritic remodeling in hippocampal and amygdaloid neurons // J. Neurosci. 2002. V. 22. P. 6810–6818.